Monday, February 9, 2015

Of mountains and the strength to climb


It's been one of those time periods. When the going gets rough and I just want to eat a few donuts. The last two weeks have just been exceptionally emotional and draining.
I got mildly sick and it just sucked all my energy and drive. It's amazing how bad a sickness can make us feel isn't it?
This weekend I started picking myself back up again, dusting off my will to have healthiness and plodding down the road of goals.
This is real life though.... every day in the trenches fighting the good fight... life.
I read a lot of healthy living and weight loss stories where the heroes lose it all in 5 months or 6 months and while I feel inspired, I also get discouraged. "Why Lord, I ask is my story not their story?"
Why is it taking so slow? Why is the process so freakishly painful?
The answer I am given over and over is THIS is my journey and do not compare it to anyone else's. Simply look back and see how far I personally have come. See what mountains I have climbed or clothes that I no longer fit into. Mostly it is to see myself as God sees me. His imperfect creation following the path to health and life.

It is with this renewed mindset the week starts out. I am fixing my eyes on the prize and once again getting my running shoes on!


No comments:

Post a Comment