Saturday, March 14, 2015

Of The Journey

In a journey of any kind there can be feelings of discontent with the road you're on. 


This is especially true when you are on a body transformation journey. I mean the WHOLE point of what you are doing is to change your body size, build muscle and feel stronger. So, you are looking to make changes in what is there.
While this is healthy, and positive it is important to be pleased with yourself along the way.
If you are making changes on the outside but, inside you're screaming and pleading for a bag of chocolate because you just feel so disgusted by your thighs or frustrated at your arm jiggle this is NOT a healthy emotional place to be.
I think every woman needs to once a day, walk in front of a mirror and say

 "I praise God for how I look in this moment, he is pleased with me" 
I know it sounds a bit self help but, there is helpful truth in these routines.
God did make you and you are in his image.
You've been given this body by him and the whole point of eating healthy, and working out is to take care of that body. It is an added bonus that weight loss gives you confidence and the ability to do many more things than you could before.

I've noticed something interesting as I continue to see the pounds scatter. I used to lay in bed and just imagine what it felt like to be thin and wear all manner of clothes.
I no longer do that! Somewhere along the way I dropped that wasteful dreaming. Now, I wake up and feel excited to hit the floor and as I look myself in the mirror I don't wish to be a size 2.
I see a woman who is a work in progress and the progress is GOOD! I no longer need to dwell in the land of wishes because reality is pretty darn awesome.
It is finding the balance of feeling content with myself but, also pressing forward to new things.

I am not here to be average but, here to be awesome. This means feeling my best inside where the most important things lay and also feeling a soundness in my body on the outside.


So wherever you are in your weight loss journey. Find the joy in your body. God designed you for a purpose. You are on the right path and feel at peace in that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment