Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 9th

It's a happy spring break here today! The rain is gone (although we needed it) and the sun is shining.
During our family walk last night I was struck by how easy it is to walk. I ambled nimbled down the road feeling little tiredness.
A few years ago even walking down the road took my breath away.
Never ever take your health for granted. Getting in shape has given me the ability to enjoy life again.

Little Son's 5th birthday!
I've never made it a secret that I brought my self to the emotional breaking point a few years ago both physically and mentally. Most days I was in constant near-break down state always having heart racing, headaches, fatigue, throwing up, crying jags and I could go on.
My husband remarked to me the other day that he is always on high alert because for so many months this is the way I was. He would come home from work to find me curled up on the couch in front of the TV with the kids.
He said he has to get used to this new me. He keeps waiting for me to crumble in a crying heap. Not that I never struggle with depression and anxiety, it just does not have a hold on me the way it used to.

In my life, I have had to heal emotionally as well as work on my physical appearance.  It has been a remarkable two-point journey.

March was a bit of a struggle time for me, at least the last half of the month.
I am hoping April is a bit better eating and exercise wise. This week, is my week to get back on track and focused on what I need to accomplish. Pulling the old goals out of the closet, dusting them off and grabbing life by the horns!





No comments:

Post a Comment