Thursday, April 16, 2015

April 16th 2015

It's been a tough 48 hours for me 
and my desire to eat for emotional reasons.


My daughter, who is 6 going on 16 is going through a difficult phase in her little life. As Momma, I take each thing so personally as I teach her character and how to be a little gal that listens to God's voice.
She's been struggling with pushing her brother a lot and just a lot of little relationship problems. All of it normal kid stuff in the grand scheme of life but, to me it just felt like "WHAT IS MY CHILD turning into?"
All that to say, despite struggling with these Momma emotions I did not eat sugar, potato chips or anything that comes in bag/box form. I stuck with my regular workouts, and eating plan. I did do some stress-shopping and came home with an adorable tank top. This lasts far longer than ice cream ever will.
It feels good to process and pray about my disappointments instead of eating to cover them.
Though I still struggle with my desires to eat, they do not overwhelm me.




In life food is so comforting to engage in. It never changes. Each sugary crisp bite stays the same. It is simply masking the problem. To get to the true root of things, we need to bow the knee and turn our face upward. Chocolate chips can't help you raise your children but, God can. This weeks lesson is a great reminder for me! It's finding freedom to be ok with feeling down, that's part of life. I don't need to try to mask it with another problem! 

The feeling of freedom!


No comments:

Post a Comment