Monday, August 24, 2015

Welcome September!

As we roll from toasty August days into the golden cooler days of fall I grow excited. I am going to savor the moments and try to just sit back loving the peace and joy God brings to me. This summer has brought new struggles with good old guilt. He is always around the corner telling me I have no business walking in newness of life with Jesus. He tells me I am not worthy, and that I'll never be good enough.
Romans 8:1 tells me though
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."
I don't have to be good enough because, he was perfect and set me free. When I spend time feeling guilty I am not walking in the spirit but, am allowing my old master of sin and death to run free in my body.  

My plan for this fall is to embrace more of my Jesus and less of me. To be bold in the sharing of his gospel and his plan for people to be saved. 
I also plan to engage more in healthy eating and fun simple family times. Food has always been a struggle of guilt and deadly love. I am more than what I eat. 
Yesterday I was told by someone that she noticed what confidence it had brought to me. I stepped back mentally from what she said and was surprised to discover YES, I do feel more confident. I have less need to make others pleased with me because I am pleased with myself and I know how God feels about me. I was blessed by her observation as it allowed God to open my eyes and see myself in this new light. 

As summer fades to fall I wish God's blessings on you 
and may he reveal to you what his will is for you. 


1 comment:

  1. Looking great, Mel! :) Have a wonderful, blessed fall with your family and your Savior. :)

    Miss you and hope you are well. :)

    P.S. I just joined the gym and am about to embark on a 12 week class that combines exercise and nutrition. Eep! New territory for me, but I've enjoyed myself so far and am excited to begin a healthier lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete