Friday, August 28, 2015

August 28, 2015

I've been testing and tasting some new healthy recipes this week and I'm excited to share some in a few days.
I had a moment of reflection a few days ago when I stumbled upon some old photos of myself.

 I struggled to make myself understand the woman standing in these photos. Sometimes I stop and compare myself to others forgetting how far I've come. I only need to stop and compare myself to the old me to see what progress has been made.


It's amazing what a story there is in a photo.

These tell the story of a woman who constantly felt ashamed, and ugly. She could hardly keep up with others while hiking and the kids wore her out daily.  She went to bed imagining herself in a different life with a changed body.




















 These photos tell a different story. They tell of a woman becoming comfortable and confident in her own skin. A woman who is learning to love being in this body. A woman who hikes for fun and ENJOYS it. A woman who pulls her children along and gives them energy.
If you are on a journey toward health. NEVER ever forget to look back and see where you've come from. Just like in a trek up a mountain looking back gives you an amazing perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment