Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Low Carb-Almost Paleo Friendly Pizza Crust

My awesome, supportive friend Molly gave me this recipe. I have to give her husband Eric a shout out.... he's lost 100lbs following Paleo! Pretty amazing if you ask me.

So, Pizza is one of those foods you desperately miss when going grain free. Now though, you don't have to! This recipe is simple and yet very effective in holding those yummy pizza toppings.

My camera phone does not do this justice!


Paleo or Low Carb Pizza Crust
  • 1 cup tapioca flour 
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • optional: 3 tablespoons Romano or Parmesan cheese (omit for dairy free)
  • ⅓ cup of butter or oil of choice
  • ⅓ cup water
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1tsp garlic powder
  • 1 egg
  • ⅓ cup coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately 
3. Using a whisk combine them all by pouring dry to wet. 
4. Form into a ball
5. Press it out onto a well greased pizza pan (or if you're me I use a cookie sheet)
6. Bake 14-16 minutes till crust is just turning light brown
7. Add toppings and bake for 4 more minutes 

Let sit for a few moments then cut, serve and enjoy! 

One of my favorites is nitrate free sausage, kale, onions, mushrooms and a wee bit of feta!
YUMMO! 

NOTE- Tapioca flour is not your typical flour and acts a bit like cornstarch don't be alarmed, all shall be well! 
Also, for me this makes a fairly small pizza crust compared to the flour crusts I used to make. SO be sure to make enough for a pizza hungry family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment