Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Whole 30 Day 18

Have you ever held the answer key in your hand and thought.... "I could take  a peek and it would all be easier." Cheating can simple and that it is a quick answer to a difficult problem. My daughter asked me about cheating and I explained to her the other night if I did not know how to cook, I COULD order food from a restaurant and pass it off as my own to others but, I'd still be left in the same place of not knowing how to chef it up. The goal is not to fake learning but to actually acquire the skill.
I am feeling that this morning in my journey of health. I made a promise to myself and to God to complete this Whole 30 Challenge. This desire to cheat rises up in me like a ferocious dragon. Not in regards to answer keys and food preparation but, eating habits! It would be so easy to scarf down some yumminess but, I would still be left in the same place of eating re-training. I would not learn a blasted thing. Days like today make me grateful I live 30 minutes outside of town. It makes it easier for me to stay on track.
I am applying this scripture to help my focus today. 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2 

So I am going to do it... going to run and persevere through the muck of every day to desires. I am grateful for each new day that God has given me to work on changing my ways of eating and even thinking about eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment